RE: Glass vs. Plastic drinking cups
From: Fleck (foam4uworldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:13:06 -0700 (MST)
During the summer, when people are eating out on our concrete terrace dishes
get broken. Even the kids prefer stoneware or glass it seems although we try
to encourage use of the plastic. But adults are klutzes, too. Has anyone
considered a "donation" jar in the kitchen that folks can drop a dollar (or
something) into when they break a dish, plate, glass? It might encourage
more carefulness and responsibility - plus help pay for the new stuff. (All
5-6 year olds are exempt.;-)
Also, having matching dinnerware means it all fits into a commercial
dishwasher and shelves easier & faster.
Anne - Jackson Place Coho