Re: buying dishes
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:23:08 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 2/3/04 9:57:48 PM, sharon [at] sharonvillines.com writes:

<< We actually negotiated a good deal on Fiestaware from a regular store but
restaurant supply houses are great places to find stuff -- particularly used
restaurant supply places. Restaurants go out of business all the time.

Sharon Villines >>

Ditto on that.  We got most of our stuff used at two different restaurant
supply stores.  Stainless steel countertops (cut to fit by the installers),
spray
sink, pots, pans, coffee makers, dishes, glasses, silverware, chairs, the
thingies that hold dishes and glasses in the dishwasher, and more.  One caveat-
they don't all match.  We got two different kinds of chairs, two different sets
of dishes, different glasses, and so on.  The dishes were a durable brand-
bland but eminently functional.  We did get some things new, but shopping for
used stuff was kind of fun.

Roger Berman
Pathways Cohousing
Northampton, MA