Live-Work cohousing--creating synergy
From: Stephanie (catinmoonyahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:10:28 -0700 (MST)
I too am interested in the concept of live-work
cohousing.

How about live-work-affordable-greenbuilt housing?

Maybe we can deal with different facets, and then
attempt integration. There is lots of good coho
epxerience on thelist.  Does anyone out there have
experience with live-work projects that they know of?
Or know of lists or contact organizations that someone
wanting to do a procject such as above could start
with, similar to the Cohousing network?

That might be a place to start and I am willing to
start compiling stories and resources that would help
such projects get started.  I am currently living in
Arcata, CA which has a few different studio setups for
artists that really seem to engender great
cross-fertilization.  When I am working on creative
projects I would love to have the proximity of other
folks creating to synergize with.  I think there is an
important architectural component here in terms of the
way such spaces might be arranged that I would be
interested in hearing from architect/designer types
about.

Stephanie Weigel
catinmoon [at] yahoo.com