Re: marketing question
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:15:52 -0700 (MST)
FWIW, I say even the most "cohousing" of the ads is not "cohousing" enough.
Drop the icky "upscale" pseudo-word (at nearly half a mil, I think just
about everyone *gets* that it's pricey), and focus more on the benefits of
community. I don't think a classified ad, no matter how targeted, will get
the people you seek. I would go with more graphic ads in local publications
that cater to your kind of crowd: theaters, food co-ops, lefty
organizations, educational institutions, and of course, advertising with the
national cohousing website, etc. We have some members we recruited from our
local progressive Catholic Church as well-so don't forget religious
organizations.

Oh, and you actually *want* to scare away people who are afraid of the word
"cohousing."
--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing