Re: marketing question
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:45:50 -0700 (MST)
On 2/10/04 12:36 PM, "Lon Goldstein" <zebulon269 [at] yahoo.com> wrote:

> Comfort and Community!
> Upscale twnhm at Wild Sage Cohousing in new Holiday Neighborhood.
> Superior finishes. 3 BR/2.5 bath 2700sqft incl unfin daylight lower
> level + garage.  Starts @ $461K.  www.wildsagecohousing.org 303.449.3232
> x116

So much is changing in marketing cohousing that old experience is probably
not of much use but I would say "cohousing" because many people have now
heard the word. It may be helpful, not off putting.

Old experience of marketing in traditional real estate venues says it
produces lots of response but not many takers.

Remember that people will move for cohousing who may not have considered
moving before but those folks are probably not reading the real estate
section. One of the first people to move out of our community was someone
who found us because she was looking for a place to live. Everyone else who
lives here moved in because they wanted to live here, several by moving
across the country and changing jobs to do it.

The best way to advertise may still be flyers in the coop or health food
markets or Unitarian church bulletins.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org