RE: marketing question
From: Fleck (foam4uworldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:58:47 -0700 (MST)
We tried Open Houses, seminars, free presentations, posters at coops,
websites, newspaper ads in alternative and mainstream papers, telling
everyone we knew, press releases, attending community council meetings,
etc... The main reason people say they joined/bought was 1)they got to know
the members either at a meeting or thru the website or 2)they'd already
heard of cohousing or something similar.

It was harder to sell the last unit than any of the others because the
excitement of designing your own space was gone that person was the new kid
on the block. You aren't really selling real estate, you're selling a
life-style. I'd say keep the "Cohousing" label front and center. In our
experience, everything else was a waste of time and money.

Anne
Jackson Place Cohousing