attached garages
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:25:40 -0700 (MST)
 Diana Porter <porterd [at] cinci.rr.com>
is the author of the message below.

While there may be a need for housing with attached garages for people
with limited mobility,  the interaction of a "walking community" is so
much richer.  The mall forces us to walk from our car  into  a building
through oceans of parked cars and traffic, yet millions of coach
potatoes do it regularly in order to get what they want.  We just have
to focus on what we really want to get out of our communities.

Diana Porter
cincinnati Ecovillage.org