Re: drum composter experience?
From: DWeil20688 (DWeil20688aol.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:52:08 -0700 (MST)
Jillian
Solterra has two large Compostumbler brand of rotating composters. We have
learned that if just anybody puts garbage into them, we end up with a lot of
smelly garbage, not compost. Compost should NEVER smell. That happens when it
is
not mixed with the right components, air, or too much water. Only those who
know the right mixture and wetness should put anything in that type of
composter, so we have a closed containers nearby for people to put in garbage
and those
who know the mixture enter the garbage and dried leaves, shredded paper or
other dry matter into the composter.
I recommend a good composting book such as "The Rodale Book of Composting" or
"Backyard Composting."
Donald S. Weil
Don Weil
Solterra Cohousing