Being There
From: don i arkin (shardon5juno.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:42:40 -0700 (MST)
Hi Liz,  Thanks for starting this healthy check-up.  Sonora cohousing in
Tucson is heavily represented by families with kids.  I thought that that
was the more likely demographic since the advantages for families seem so
strong.  I was showing a house for sale here to a couple from out of
state with two kids, 5 and 8 years old.  Early in the tour they asked how
many kids that age there were.  For a better answer we walked over to
Martha, weeding not far away, and got the answer which I have forgotten
but was more than a handful.  Martha's kids were around and within
minutes the visiting kids were out of sight except for occasional
glimpses.  First they were in Martha's house, then they were in someone
else's house, they were on the jungle gym, they were on the lawn.  They
were loose in the cohousing ocean.  The look on the mother's face was
something to see.
       Don