Re: replacement reserves
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:02:37 -0700 (PDT)
On 4/7/04 1:41 PM, "Howard Landman" <howard [at] polyamory.org> wrote:

> Biggest issue this year is "How do we actually spend money out of the
> reserves?".  We have a few things that need fixing, but realized that
> there we had no agency lower than the HOA board that was authorized to
> spend reserve funds.  Probably we'll authorize the maintenance committee
> and the common house committee, but it's still somewhat in a state of
> confusion.

Our reserve study is itemized so we know what the funds are for and how much
is allocated for that item. This way we can periodically review items and be
sure we are saving enough for that item or if we want to  upgrade when we
replace it, how much additional money we need to save to do that.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org