Role of membership committee in completed communities
From: Peg Blum (pegbcambridgecohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:56:07 -0700 (PDT)
Are there any completed cohousing communities that continue to have a
Membership Committee after intial move-in?

If so, what is the role of the committee?

When a unit goes up for resale, does the Membership Committee take an active
part in the resale, whether the sale is by owner or via a real estate
broker?

A related question:  Has any community established an "Affordability Fund"
to help maintain diversity?  If so, how does it work?

Cambridge Cohousing (MA) folks are very much interested.  We are 6 years
past move-in and have been very fortunate, up to now, in the 5 new
households gained in our previous resales.  Things are getting difficult at
this time because of skyrocketing market prices.

Thank you,
Peg Blum

pegb [at] cambridgecohousing.org
http://www.cambridgecohousing.org