Re: NW Sustainability conference, May 1 Seattle
From: Jayne Kulikauskas (cmlmmalt.guild.org)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
"Stephen Waters" <duatshemsu [at] yahoo.com> writes:

[]
>  *I don't know of any "sustainable" cohousing in existence. I have heard
that people have tried to get them going but that the only people interested
in alternative materials usage (pressed cardboard, used tires, soda can
walls, etc...) were aged hippies with not enough money to make the thing
happen. I feel that times and tech. have changed sufficiently enough to try
again.
[]

Whole Village in Ontario is starting building this spring.  (We've already
started if you count the grading.)  We started out planning sustainable
cohousing but have had to modify the design so that we are now more like a
commune than cohousing. Anyhow, if you are interested see our website at
www.wholevillage.org

Jayne