Re: touring visitors
From: MerylD (MerylDaol.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:21:12 -0700 (PDT)
This is a perfect opportunity for me to thank Robert for giving me a great
tour of Eno two summers ago. In the last two years, I have also gotten tours at
three other North Carolina cohousing communities, which accommodated my travel
schedule from South Florida even though I was not a prospective purchaser.  I
think it is fabulous that cohousers are so generous with their time and
ideas; all the tours were extremely helpful in helping us continue to plan our
own
cohousing community in South Florida which is FINALLY breaking ground this
month! (Anyone who is sick of winters and wants to move down here should check
us
out at Emeraldplacecohousing.com.) Once we're built next winter, we will be
happy to give our own tours to anyone visiting the sun and fun!

Meryl
Emerald Place Cohousing
Delray, Florida

Cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org writes:

<< Generally, I try to limit my times to do tours to twice a month (Sunday
3pm-4pm just before a meeting) and I invite the requester to the meeting
and a community meal.

This seems to work 90% of the times.

However, I should point out you are still marketing your homes.  Life
bring changes and one of your neighbors will be moving out and it is
better to have list of names of folks who has been on a tour than
starting cold.