Re: Choosing Colors
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:06:04 -0700 (PDT)
Oh, Matt, you don't live in cohousing, do you?

Sorry, that was a wee bit condescending! It's just that painting 25 or more
units is incredibly time-consuming and a complete impossibility for a
community full of people with day jobs. In the time it would take me to
paint my house, a contractor could paint 5 houses or more, and do it better.
It just doesn't make sense.

Also, we have two-storey houses, and it would involve a significant risk
that many homeowners are not willing to take. And what about the people who
aren't physically capable of doing it? Do they have to pay more, just
because they are disabled? We're not talking about each homeowner-painter
doing one house, we're talking more like two houses. It's completely
unworkable. The only instance that it would make sense for homeowners to DIY
would be lot development models.

Liz