Re: Communications
From: Robert Heinich (robert_heinichjuno.com)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
For topical info, I depend heavily on e-mail.  However, I know there are
those who check their e-mail sporadically at best (Miss Chicken!).  So I
may talk directly to them.  Time-sensitive notices that need to be seen
are taped to the doors of the common house and on people's pedside doors.

For institutional memory, we have the ENOcyclopedia which helps new
members get on board.  It is reviewed when a new member joins and then
updated.  We are working on posting on the web a list of all agreements
and minutes.  We use the web to reserve space in the Common House.

However, I do not feel a need to know everything that others are doing.
We make policy/money decisions only at the monthly business meeting.
Committees handle the details and I trust the folks implementing them.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood
 Durham, NC