Red Hats & Cohousing, Connection in Canada
From: Maggie (mduttonshaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:24:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List friends,
I am embarking on a Red Hat Adventure.  I?m tired of attempting to get
government money to build an affordable cohousing project and so will be
selling Red Hats and Regalia across Canada until enough attention and money
is raised to fix the housing problem in this country.  I sure will have fun
doing it.  We have a web site to build at redhats.ca (in a couple of weeks)
and then we will be traveling this summer building awareness and speaking
out.  Maybe I will get enough MATRIARCHS UNITED, having fun to fixing
homelessness!  I have a comedy routine or two as well and am looking forward
to doing my ?act? wherever my microphone will reach?perhaps there will be a
sea of Red Hatted matriarchs on Parliament Hill one day and Canada will
finally get a National Housing Program in place sufficient to do the job
after years of neglect.  Please hold me in your hearts as I follow my
passions.  I will check in again in the fall and write to the list about my
success:-)

Maggie Dutton,
Executive Director,
H.O.M.E.S. Housing Ourselves Made Easier Society,
"creating a better way to live, one neighbourhood at a time" in Alberta,
Canada
www.thehomesproject.shawbiz.ca/redhats
<http://www.thehomesproject.shawbiz.ca/redhats>
see also www.redhatsociety.com <http://www.redhatsociety.com/>  for where it
all started in California.
There are now 20,000 chapters in North America