Refrigerators and Freezers
From: Rosalie Wolff (westwolff653yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:42:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Fellow Cohousers,

The common house for Oak Creek Commons in Paso Robles,CA is due to come on-line
in the next week or so.  I am part of the initial Kitchen Management crew
trying to decide on outfitting our beautiful kitchen.  One of our big decisions
is the refrigerator and freezer.
We are a group of 56+ adults and 18 children under 18 years.

We have already installed a wonderful Dacor commercial double oven/range.

The space for the refrigerator is quite large, 40 3/4 wide x 78 1/4 high x 35
1/2 deep.

First of all, what size should we be shooting for in cubic feet for our group?
Should we use residential or commercial refrigerators?  Is an all-refrigerator
solution with separate freezer a better solution than an integrated
refrigerator-freezer?

We've been advised to get the largest refrigerator we can handle, space-wise
and cost-wise.  Would this be your advice?

Best of all, what has worked for you and what hasn't worked for you?  We'd love
to learn from your experience.  What size refrigerator and/or freezer works for
your group and what is your group size?

Thanks for helping us out.

Happy Cohousing,
Rosalie Wolff