common laundry
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dearm Nancy, Michael & Neighbors,

Congratulations!

I wonder if you have checked Consumer Reports' reviews of Washers & Dryers.

They have included energy efficiency as a criteria.   Our household finds it
incredibly useful.   Whi;le it's available in Library, and we don't refer to
it that often, we do subscribe partly cause we like to read it, and partly to
support them.

We do have a laundery room here at Cantines Island, and it functions pretty
well.   Not quite   half of our 16 households use it.   Ours consists of
hand-me-down machines, with the exception of one dryer.
We have simply chosen time slots, ie, one household may have a 9AM-2PM
Tuesday slot, for example.   Some are looser, and 2 households are signed up
for
Sunday, for example.
Undesignated times may be used by anyone.
We charge $1.25 per load, intended to basically cover utility costs, tho we
seem to come out ahead.

We do have one home for sale, if you know of a family interested.

Best,   Ruth J Hirsch
Cantines Islnd Co Ho Saugerties NY.