Re: Telephone Tree
From: Becky Schaller (beckyssonoracohousing.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:19:59 -0700 (PDT)
Arthur,  I would suggest having lots of branches for the first branch of the
tree.  For example, the first person calls 6 people and then each of those
people calls 3 people.  That way, there are fewer places for the tree to break
down.

I would also consider other methods of communicating. Putting notices in
people's doors.   Put a notice up on the bulletin board,  ask people to sign it
when they've read it, then call the rest.  Email people who have email and call
the rest.

If the reason you are not wanting to use email is because some people don't have
computers or email, another option is to simply help them get email.  Given a
little time, it probably won't be all that hard to find old computers that
people could use.   They will probably find the computer beneficial to have in
other ways also.

Unfortunately, my experience with phone trees is they don't work unless one
person does a lot of calling.

Becky Schaller