re: telephone tree
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

>> Does anyone have experience at creating a telephone "tree or train" fit for
>> community to communicate by phone rather then by e-mail.

AND another post
>Unfortunately, my experience with phone trees is they don't work unless one
>person does a lot of calling.

The good news in my community is that almost everyone has an answering
machine, and most check it whenever they are home. Mostly we use email,
but occasionally phoning is helpful. A recent example was a discussion
circle called, via email, on very short notice, on an important topic. It
was very important to me that that circle be well-attended, and I knew
that many people would not read their email that immediately. So I simply
went down the phone list, leaving the time and issue of the circle, and a
contact person, and in about half an hour I'd called all the numbers, and
delivered the message, in person or as a left message, to all but 2 or 3
of our 24 households.

Lynn Nadeau, RoseWind Cohousing
http://www.rosewind.org
http://www.ptguide.com