COMPENSATION FOR EARLY INVESTMENT IN A COHO?
From: Linda Gluck/Treehouse (treehousenetstep.net)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:39:40 -0700 (PDT)
Our cohousing group has found land we want, but it is too expensive for us
and larger than we need. We want to buy it, sell off three parcels, and keep
the rest.

The purchase price is high. Some of our members will be taking the risk  -
buying the property in the hopes that the parcels will sell at a good price,
so their investment can be recouped.

Those early investors are taking their money from their current investments,
and putting it on the line in this real estate investment, as if they were
developers. How should they be compensated?

Thanks for your ideas,

Linda Gluck
Ulster County Cohousing