Re: Re: Are we succumbing to "groupthink" in cohousing?
From: mark harfenist (markbellinghamcohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:39:35 -0700 (PDT)
Good idea, thanks.  I was probably not at my alert best last night.

My objection to forwarded news and opinion articles relates to my experience with several once-useful lists which went down in flames due to extensive off-topic postings. The phenomenon is well-known, and for this reason most lists, including this one, request restraint.

On the other hand, I think that my own off-the-cuff response was out of line. It is not up to me, as a reader and very occasional poster, to make or enforce policy; Fred is far more thorough, fair, diplomatic and respected. My apologies.

Mark