Re: Are we succumbing to "groupthink" in cohousing?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:41:05 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Hammer <thammer302 [at] yahoo.com> is the author of the message below;  it
had been rejected for being too long (over 8K).
after deleting the quoted digest.

Note: As I said in a private message to the original author, I considered
the original post "off-topic" because it lacked discussion of how it might
apply to cohousing folks.  Fred

I disagree that the long piece on "groupthink" should not have been
posted.  I found it fascinating, and I doubt that it could have been
described compellingly enough to get me to go somewhere else to read it,
but having it in front of me got me to read t he whole thing.  Thanks,
Norm.

I think that a lot of our discussions in cohousing tend to succumb to this
same process, which is why dissident voices are so valuable and need to be
nourished and respected as such rather than impediments to the process of
reaching a decision.

Tom Hammer
Concord Village