Re: Groupthink
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:40:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 16, 2004, at 3:54 PM, Norm Gauss wrote:

      A short process is OK (reading a poem, singing a song), but in a
meeting with 30+ people where each person makes a statement on their
emotional status, sometimes this can last over 30 minutes and put people to
sleep.

I actually find that that if people really are speaking from their heart that people never fall asleep. The problem is that they begin pontificating, not speaking about how they feel. Feelings are rarely so big that they take a long time to convey.

On the other hand when we begin with "poems" and "icebreakers" I arrive late to miss it.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC