Development/self-other
From: LouHarr (LouHarraol.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:02:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol calif
70 miles North of SF.
from LOUharr [at] aol.com

The process of getting built is very exciting and challenging. You'll really
get to know one another.
We self developed , all but one family moved in and we got to
really learn about working together.
   Personaly I loved the process and wouldn't have missed it.
This was a time of rising costs etc which brought the usual delays, changes
etc.
  We all still live here 5 years later.
  "Doing it ourselves" put a lot of wear and tear on some relationships, Who
is leader? professionals vs hands on guys etc. etc.
   I'd definitely suggest hiring a developer and co-housing professionals to
guide you through the many phases.
   It'll take a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of shared work how
ever you do it.

   Best of luck  Louise Harris