Re: INVESTMENT THRESHOLDS AND WHEN
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
Jim's answer is very clear and to the point.

I would like to add that we have developed some methods of managing fairness and sharing of risk that has made this all get easier with each project. New View was one of the earliest in the country. This has now been done some 70 times and we are learning things.

As an example, JP Cohousing has raised more than $2,000,000 in capital themselves without ever having to go to a developer. They are not a rich group. They do have committed friends and family who have loaned money to the project.

Chris ScottHanson
Cohousing Resources LLC
email: cohousing [at] mac.com