Cohousing Magazine: How 67 tons of bricks connected a community
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 17:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cohousing Magazine
 published by the Cohousing Association of the United States
 updated: August 8, 2004

This is the text-only Cohousing-L preview of Cohousing magazine ...
follow the links to read the full articles on our website:

http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/

Subscribe:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/subscribe.html

---

WELCOME: Letter from the Editor

The cohousing path connects all of us

Welcome back to Cohousing magazine! This week we're featuring an article
about how residents of Harmony Village, in Golden, Colo., joined together
to construct a brick walkway that winds through their community. Just as
Saoirse Charis-Graves describes in her article, How 67 tons of bricks
connected a community, I'm reminded of how the Harmony path also is
symbolic of how we on the cohousing path are all connected.

Read more>
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/welcome.html

---

FEATURE: LIVING IN COHOUSING

How 67 tons of brick connected a community

by Saoirse Charis-Graves
Harmony Village Cohousing
Golden, Colo.

Joe picks up the top brick from the pile on his left and adjusts it into
position on the sliding tray of the tile saw. He braces the brick with
one hand while flipping a switch with the other. ZZZZZZZZZ! The brick
eases forward into the diamond-edge saw blade and soon becomes a
custom-fit brick paver. he saw stands near the center of a grove of young
aspen trees that commemorate the arrival of four babies in the first year
of our village. The leaves of the aspens and the pea gravel under the
trees are covered with a fine red film - water mixed with pulverized
brick dust.

Tonight, Joe will wash red dust out of his ears, nose, hair, eyebrows and
every inch of clothing.

Read more>
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/living/67tons.html

See previous Cohousing magazine articles on living in cohousing:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/living/

IN OUR LAST ISSUE (in case you missed it):
Process: Perspectives on Consensus by Rob Sandelin and Caroline Estes
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/process/

Also see recent and past articles on marketing and creating cohousing.
http://www.cohousing.org/marketing.html
http://www.cohousing.org/creating.html

---
Current Cohousing Opportunities *NEW*

Groups Seeking New Members/Neighbors in: Sacramento, CA; Silver Spring,
MD; Central Florida; Santa Rosa, CA

Units for Sale in Completed Communities in: Atlanta, GA (NEW!); Portland,
OR; Durango, CO; Tucson, AZ; Prescott, AZ; Fort Collins, CO; Denver, CO;
Long Island, NY; Boulder, CO; Durham, NC

Units for Rent in: Central Coast, CA Portland, OR; Littleton, CO (NEW!);
Central Coast, CA; Santa Fe, NM

List your opportunity here - advertise in our classifieds.

View All>
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/classified.html