Special Assessment to compoete Common House
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
Joan <bljoan [at] msn.com> is the author of the message below.

Our community at Manzanita Village in Prescott, AZ is on the verge of
making a decision about a possible $5-6,000 special assessment to be paid
by each household in order to finish our Common House. Some agree that
such an assessment is necessary as there are no other options.  Some
recommend ending work with our current contractor (the house is 75-85%
done) and completing it with sweat equity.  Some object to the assessment
in general, hoping there are other ways to raise the money.  My question
to other cohousers out there is, certainly we are not the only ones having
faced this dilemma.  We would appreciate any advice or suggestions from
other communities who have been in a similar predicament.

In community,

Joan Burrell