Re: Apartment style cohousing [was: Cohousing in L.A. ??
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
I believe that cohousers are all cultural creatives, (see also LOHAS market) with values aligned with GREEN, SUSTAINABLE, AND COMMUNITY.

A fundamental part of achieving green and sustainable is reducing the use of and dependence on the car. This requires that groups wanting to be a green, sustainable communities should consider, at least, adaptive reuse of buildings on existing infrastructure within existing cities and small towns.

Reduce - reuse - recycle !!

We can reduce consumption (and sprawl) by recycling old buildings, and adaptively reusing them as housing, and mixed use communities.

Chris