Splitting the appreciation and affordability concerns
From: David Heimann (heimannworld.std.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

        A "clarification" to my previous post: the question is one of
households being required to share a certain percentage of their
appreciation (if any) with the cohousing group condo association when they
sell, in part to build an affordability fund, and a concern that rising
prices and condo fees may eventually result in a cohousing community
becoming one more high-priced condominium development and losing its
commitment to cohousing.

        Again, while there's definitely no current consensus on this we'd
like to know whether any other community has addressed the topic.  If so,
what issues came up?  Could you reach a consensus?  If so, what methods
did you consider?  How did you address possible price *depreciation*?
If you have been around for awhile, have you had any problems with newer
households being less committed to cohousing than the founding households?

Thanks,
David