Re: Sociocracy
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
After fifteen years and some 4000 or more hours of cohousing meetings, still find consensus to be the most powerful, inclusive, non-hierarchical decision making model. It seems cumbersome and slow at first. In order to adopt consensus, the powerful and sometimes impatient leaders in a group must trust the group's process, and the group's wisdom.

Jim Leach once said to me that the measure of a group's maturity was its ability to control and not be controlled by, its strongest members. In my opinion, only through consensus can a group manage to control their strongest members.

Chris