children's playrooms
From: Luk Jonckheere (l.jonckheerepi.be)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hallo cohousers everywhere,

In Belgium the first co-housing is on the way.  We are in the process of
acquiring and rebuilding a very old farm for 18 to 20 families.
We have allready found a lot of useful information on the
cohousing-mailinglist, but recently we came up with a question about
children's playrooms.
Some of us, who visited cohousing-communities in Denmark, noticed that all
of those communities had at least 2 separate children's playrooms.  One for
noisy games and acrobatics and another one for quiet games.  Some also had a
teenagers hang-out.  For toddlers there was usually a corner in the
diningroom-lounge, provided with small tables and some toys.

Some people in our group are not convinced that all of these facilities are
really necessary (it rains a lot in Belgium), so we would like to hear how
other communities cope with playful children and what facilities are
available.

Marie Renders
www.lagrandecense.be