RE: Limits on price appreciation
From: Minnesota Malones (MikeJoToddmn.rr.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know any cohousing group that has done this, but there are lots of models of limited-equity housing cooperatives. Usually they are done to preserve affordability that was originally achieved by getting subsidies from local or state government programs. The folks at Northcountry Community Development Fund here in Minneapolis have experience in setting up limited-equity arrangements and also in working with cooperatives to change previous limited-equity arrangements that weren't very well structured and caused hardships for the members. Margaret Lund, thier Executive Director, would probably be quite willing to share some of the models they've developed for doing limited equity in a way that works for members. You could send a message to her via their web site, www.ncdf.coop and mention that I suggested her name if you wish.

Joelyn Malone
Monterey Cohousing, Minneapolis