Woman in South Dakota has land
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:10:14 -0700 (PDT)
The Cohousing Association received the following hand-written request from a woman in South Dakota. She has "no phone, no computer (no electricity, no library that accommodates [her] disability, no street address)," so I'm posting this for her, although it seems highly unlikely that a cohousing community is about to pop up in this place any time soon. It looks to be 60 miles to the interstate, another 140 to the nearest small city. But you never know.....

I quote:

"LAND SEEKS COHOUSING/COMMUNITY BUILDERS AND DEVELOPERS

Forty acre parcels* of land seek fledgling community builders to create vegan, sustainable, fresh air, friendly and gentle community on former ranch land. New owner is disabled, poor, living in her car, and wants great friends, helpful neighbors and community life! I'm especially interested in helping people who didn't have resources to join other communities to get settled and get happy. Please write by letter or cassette tape to:

Joanne Baek
P.O. Box 7, Mud Butte, SD 57758
Please share this message with others who may be interested!

* yes, that is plural. There really is a total of 360 acres. I have fair access to 160 so far starting at the end of the year."

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Cohousing Association of the United States