|Re: question about membership/participation agreements||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)|
|Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:45:47 -0700 (PDT)|
The reason for the language in the note after the heading is that we cannot require a a condo owner here to agree to something like this. A group at any stage of the development process--when it is still an LLC or a development partner-- could 'require" that prospects sign this agreement well before move-in, even as a condition of membership.
Joani Blank Swan's Market Oakland, CA Swan's Market Cohousing Participation Agreement [Note: Signing this agreement is voluntary, and it is not legally binding]I live (or plan to live) in the Swan's Market Cohousing community. I am aware of the nature, goals, character and history of Swan's Market Cohousing and I intend to maintain and enhance its sense of community and cooperation.
If I lease or sell my unit, my tenant(s) or buyer(s) will be offered an orientation and encouraged to sign this participation agreement. I support the Community's aim of cooperative living; I agree to participate in activities of the Community on a regular basis, as follows:
1. Management of our community through the Homeowners Association. I will play an ongoing role in the Association (and, if an owner, I will serve on the Board of Directors). I understand that if I want to have a say in the decision-making process, it is my responsibility to participate in Association meetings.
2. Preparation of common meals. I understand that every adult resident (18 or older) shares equally in the preparation and/or clean-up of common meals on a rotating basis. I intend to do my share, regardless of how frequently I sign up to eat those meals.
3. Maintenance and improvement of the community property. Swan's Market cohousing self-manages and maintains its property. In order to keep it in the best condition possible, I agree to do my share of the ongoing maintenance of the common areas
Signed:_________________________________ Unit #_________ Date:_________________ At 06:20 PM 9/9/2004, you wrote:
Hi Joani: Iv'e seen the agreements referred to by both names, so thanks for the clarifying question. It would be helpful to have you post the Swan's Creek model. Also having them posted on the webs site would be great. In the meantime as many samples I can get in the next week would be really helpful.Nick Meima
- Deciding to join a community [was: Questions ... from a new list member, (continued)
- Deciding to join a community [was: Questions ... from a new list member Fred H Olson, September 9 2004
- question about membership agreements Nick Meima, September 9 2004
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.