Cohousing Magazine 9/10/04: Creating Cohousing / News
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
Cohousing Magazine - September 10, 2004
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/
 (full graphics, color, and links in web version; this is the
slimmed-down Coho-L version. If you haven't already gotten the full
version, please subscribe at:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/subscribe.html )

Published by the Cohousing Association of the United States
http://www.cohousing.org/

Manage your subscription
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/subscribe.html
-
WELCOME:
New plans for the cohousing movement

by Rick Mockler, Coho/US President-Elect
Muir Commons, Davis, Calif.

September is a time of change for many of us. Our younger cohousers are
beginning a new school year with all that entails - new studies, new
friends and perhaps a bit more maturity. At work, fall often means new
projects and plans. Similarly, at Coho/US, we are also maturing, planning
and making new friends.

The most fundamental change at Coho/US this year is in our relationship
with cohousers. We're looking for cohousers to become our partners, not
our customers. If our mission is to build awareness of cohousing and to
encourage the development of new communities, our natural allies are the
people living there already, who already get it.

Read more>
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/welcome.html

-
Current cohousing opportunities:

Groups Seeking New Members/Neighbors in: Boulder, CO (NEW! For seniors);
Lyons, CO (NEW!); Sacramento, CA; Silver Spring, MD; Central Florida;
Santa Rosa, CA

Units for Sale in Completed Communities in: Santa Fe, NM (NEW!); W.
Seattle, WA (NEW!); Durango, CO (Reduced); So. Decatur, GA (NEW!);
Atlanta, GA (NEW!); Portland, OR; Tucson, AZ; Prescott, AZ (NEW!); Fort
Collins, CO (NEW!); Boulder, CO; Durham, NC

Units for Rent in: Littleton, CO (NEW!); Longmont, CO (NEW!); Ithaca, NY
(NEW!); Chapel Hill, NC; Portland, OR; Central Coast, CA

List your opportunity here - advertise in our classifieds.
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/classified.html

Recently in Cohousing magazine:

LIVING IN COHOUSING:

How 67 tons of brick connected a community
by Saoirse Charis-Graves
Harmony Village, Golden, CO
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/living/

PROCESS:
Why use consensus?
by Rob Sandelin
Everyone has a piece of the truth
by Caroline Estes
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/process/

MARKETING:
Priceless marketing tools
by Ann Zabaldo
Mid-Atlantic Cohousing
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/marketing.html

LETTERS
Readers share their comments on recent issues of Cohousing magazine.
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/letters.html

-
CREATING COHOUSING:
Working with a local project manager
By John R. McCarthy
Project Manager
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, Calif.

A seasoned construction professional - and novice at cohousing - shares
rewards and insights he experienced while working as the project manager
of a new cohousing community.

Read more>
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/creating/

Download (PDF) for printing>
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/creating/cohousing_creating_mccarthy.pdf

-
DONATE NOW

Your support makes it possible for us to publish Cohousing magazine and
build the cohousing movement. Please contribute today.
http://www.cohousing.org/tcn/join.html

-
SHARE THIS MAGAZINE

Please share this issue of Cohousing magazine with others who may be
interested.
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/forward.html

-
NEWS
Cohousing communities in the news:

Fordyce Street (Ashland, OR) Cohousing
Monterey (MN) Cohousing
Earthrise Housing Coop (CO)
Community reports and events:
Senior cohousing under construction in Virginia
Highline Crossing to celebrate 10th anniversary
Cohousing Company slide shows in three cities in September

Coho/US conference calls to highlight partners, plans

Coho/US bus tours coming up in MA, SF Bay Area, DC

http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/news.html

-
Read it all at:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/