committee effectiveness
From: Melisa Schuster (mmsacswearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:12:56 -0700 (PDT)
Our Process Committee is endeavoring to do a community training on improving
committee effectiveness.  It is my observation that many of our conflicts stem
from ineffective committee functioning rather than interpersonal problems
(which often gets scapegoated).  Does anyone know of any resources related to
this topic?  We are interested in information regarding:  how to discern when a
problem should be addressed by a committee (vs. individuals or the full
community); how to run effective meetings; how to respond to concerns; role of
convener; how to make good decisions.

Please do not suggest hiring a trainer; the trainer we have hired has suggested
we try to hash this out ourselves.

Any suggestions/resources would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Melisa
Schuster at Great Oak Co-Housing

Melisa Schuster
mmsacsw [at] earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.