C'mon Along! No. Calif. Cohousing tour Oct. 16
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:23:19 -0700 (PDT)
There's still room on the bus! The October 16 Cohousing Tour (8:30 to 5:30) will be led by Joani Blank--that's me--(who knows a whole lot about cohousing as she's lived in cohousing for 12 years, is on the board of the Cohousing Association of the US, and has now visited 51 cohousing communities in the US and Canada).

The tour will start with visits to Two Acre Wood in Sebastopol and Cotati Cohousing in Cotati, returning to the Bay Area to visit the four closer-in communities: Pleasant Hill Cohousing, Doyle Street, Berkeley Cohousing and Swan's Market Cohousing. This tour begins and ends at Swan's Market Cohousing in downtown Oakland (very near a BART stop) and costs $85.

Please go on over to www.cohousing.org/new/tours.html for more info on the tour and to register for the bus tour. And if you still need more info after checking out the web info, you can address your question to tours [at] cohousing.org.

Those of you who live far away from the SF Bay Area, might be interested to know that on almost every one of these tours we have a few folks from far away including (recently) from Southern California, New Jersey, Texas and Chicago. If you are coming from out of town, we can often arrange free or dirt cheap accommodations for you the night before and night after the tour in one or another of the guest rooms of our local communities.

Joani

Joani Blank
510-834-7399
joani [at] swansway.com