Home for sale downtown Sacramento
From: MelaSilva (MelaSilvaaol.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
418 T Street
Southside Park Cohousing
Sacramento CA 95814

This home is 819 square feet; a 2 bedroom, 1 bath condominium, with front
patio. A second floor flat, with lots of windows and a great view of the
fabulous
downtown trees, on 8/23/04 it was appraised for $230,000.

1 bedroom is 10.5 by 11.5 feet, and the 2nd is 10.5 by 17. Great room is 11
by 24.
It has all new carpet, and 2 new ceiling fans.
Super energy efficient whole house heating and air conditioning.
Double pane windows and a whole house fan.
Kitchen and dining area overlook the courtyard.
Kitchen has efficient use of space with nice size pantry.
Parking is one assigned space, with 2 spaces reserved for visitors.
Condominium dues are $176 a month, which includes garbage, water and all the
usual long term maintanance items - paint, roof, etc.

Of course, this isn’t just a condominium. This is part of Southside Park
Cohousing, one of the first 5 cohousing communities built in the United States.
The owner is a part of a self-managed community, with all that entails. We have
general meetings, work parties, chores and committees to get all the work
done. We offer common meals about 3 times a week, and every adult is expected
cook once a month, as part of a team of 3 or 4. There is some possibility that
the local housing agency might help a qualified low or moderate income family
(for housing issues, that means roughly 60 to 120% of the current median
income in Sacramento County).

Built in 1993, we received 6 architectural awards. The community has 25 homes
on 1.3 acres.  1 block from Southside Park, and 4 blocks from the big Sunday
CA Farmers Market, the only one open year round. Easy walking/biking distance
to everything. The sale of this home includes a share of the common space,
inside and out. The Common House has laundry, kitchen, big screen TV room, kids
play room, shady patio and sitting room. We share bike sheds, a small kids
playground, basketball hoop, a gardening shed with tools, and a workshop. And
of
course our many fruit trees, vegetable and flower gardens and wonderful
courtyards.

We love this home very much, and hope that the next owners will enjoy our
tree house as much as we have.

Pam and Maria Silva
September 2004

For any questions: PamSilva [at] aol.com