Ray Suarez on cohousing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:30:29 -0700 (PDT)
"The weakest among us"

Does it take a village to raise a child? Ray Suarez, senior
correspondent at PBS's "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer," thinks so.
Suarez, who used to host the National Public Radio program "Talk of the
Nation," believes that neighborhoods and communities have as much
responsibility for the welfare of children as do parents and families.
He spoke last week in Minneapolis at a forum sponsored by the Children's
Law Center of Minnesota. (MPR Midday, 10/12/2004)

About 40 minutes into his speech he related extended observations about
a visit to a cohousing community in northern Virginia.  His description
was quite thorough and complimentary tho he was skeptical of the time
consuming decision making process he observed.

Here is a link to the archived (audio) of his speech):
http://tinyurl.com/5xrnb

It would also be available by searching at http://www.mpr.org

I'd like to see Ray's cohousing comments transcribed and posted to
cohousing-L.  Any volunteers?  I think a thoughtful critique from an
outside observer carries a lot of weight.

Fred
Communications for Justice - My new listserv org.       UU, Linux
My Link Page: http://fholson.cohousing.org       Ham radio:WB0YQM
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532   (7am-10pm Central time)