Re: cohousing room rental
From: PattyMara Gourley (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
Dear List,
Just a bit more about the rental available now at Tierra Nueva.  This is
a rare, rare bird!  If you are interested in "trying on" living in
community, this is the place for you.  Our homes, when they do come up on
the market, sell quickly and easily.  Being here, finding a niche here
and getting to know all of us will be the easiest way to eventually
purchase a home, if that is your desire.  Meanwhile, you can enjoy the
benefits of community in our delicious California mild weather and
coastal beauty.

Tierra Nueva has been in residence since 1998.  In the six years of
living together we have honed our consensus skills, practicing
heart-connected non-violent communication (Marshal Rosenberg) and
reaching into new areas of respect and appreciation for one another.

We share 3 meals a week regularly...and they are exquisite.  (Beware:
ten pounds are waiting for you if you choose to eat all this fabulous
food!)  Our newest community member is offering yoga classes on site.  We
have active walking groups, meditation, a book club, talented artists
(painters, potters, jewelers, glass), political and environmental
activists (in fact your landlady, Steph, is one of the most active
watershed biologists in the area...working daily to bring back the wild
steelhead to our local creeks).   And (Halleluia!) the farm to our
northern border is transitioning to organic and offers an amazing
pesticide-free assortment of luscious berries and vegetables and flowers
at their farm stand.

Life is rich and nourishing here at Tierra Nueva.  If you have a
hankering to explore living in community, I would encourage you to call
or respond to Steph very soon.

coheartedly,
Patty Mara Gourley