(no subject)
From: Melissa Bailey (bailey_msyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:29:36 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
I struggled with justifying a response to Mr. Stampler, but in spirit of
community, I thought it best....  In no way is Sunward in trouble financially -
We are a 40 unit community and all are occupied.   As I mentioned before, the
community has been built for 6 years now and a great deal of the budget is
allocated for infrastructure maintenance as well as maintaining adequate $$ in
the reserves.  The association fees will significantly increase jan. 1 2005 and
the impetus for the affordability efforts is due in large part to this.   Thank
you to everyone who provided viable suggestions!

On other affordability fronts - renting is a viable option at Sunward.  My
roommate and I both rent as do several others in the community.  Yes, it is
possible for a coho unit to be < $150,000.  Touchstone is the 3rd cohousing
development in Ann Arbor and, in some cases, the member owns the unit and the
community owns the land.  See http://www.ic.org/touchstone/  for more info.
cheers:)
  Melissa

Melissa Bailey RSW, MSSW