An AARP mention
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi all -

One of our members recently posted this to our in-house message center (aka
"web collaboration portal"  yog.)  Thought some list members might be
interested.

"Hi All,
Those of you who are old enough to belong to AARP,(Smile) should look in the
Nov. 2004,Vol 45 No 10. Page 22 of the AARP Monthly Bulletin. and read the
most informative article titled "Communes For Grownups". The author, Ben Brown,
has an extensive knowledge of the cohousing movement and cites several
communities in the USA. He cites excellent references and highlights several
successful communities for "persons who want to grapple consciously with aging
rather
than allow themselves to be victims." I have a copy of the entire article which
is lengthy, but worth reading. Perhaps one can download the article,
www.aarp.org/bulletin."

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
Where we are in the throes of closing and move-ins and meetings and greetings
and hair tearing out and subsequent happy hours.  Truly a time to be thankful
for. . .