Re: Population stats for villages
From: aamato (aamatoworldbank.org)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:39:56 -0800 (PST)
I can reply anecdotally, but you can check the community list of cohousing.org
which lists the number of units for each community.

As Jesse said, I think the new #1 is Eastern Village, Silver Spring, Maryland
with 56, though they have about 5 or so left to sell and are just moving in as
we speak.

The other high ones that completed are:
- Takoma Village, Washington DC with 43 units (the home of famous cohousers Ann
Zabaldo and Sharon Villines, as well as less famous me)
- Nyland in Lafayette, Colorado with 42
- Cambridge Cohousing in Cambridge, Mass. with 41
- Highline Crossings in Littleton Colorado with 40

This doesn't count a few who have more than one stage in them, such as
Ecovillage of Ithaca, which has two distinct cohousing comunnities adjacent to
each other with 25 units each.
Anna Amato
Takoma Village, Washington, DC

                      Dahako [at] aol.com

                                               To:       cohousing-l [at]
cohousing.org
                      12/02/2004 01:19         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  Re: [C-L]_ Population
stats for villages
                      Please respond to

                      Developing

                      cohousing -

                      collaborative

                      housing

                      communities

Hi -

I don't know the whole answer to that question, but Eastern Village Cohousing
in Silver Spring, Maryland, has 56 residential units in the EVC condo
association.  It also has 11 commercial units that are live/work zoned.  I
think, in
future, some of the residents of these commercial units may petition to become
members of the cohousing association, so we might grow.

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland