Re: first meeting
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:21:47 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 6, 2004, at 10:37 AM, elke lerman wrote:

4. sponsorship to renters

6. screening process for future tenants

I'm not sure what kind of project you envision but is it is cohousing built on the ownership model (condos) I would suggest that these two items are very far down the road.

I would add "mortgage approvals". People can now find out how much they can borrow for housing and thus how much they need for a down payment. Beginning with this information starts you out on the right foot if you are expecting to self-finance. It tells people up front that this is project requires money and money commitments.

I would also include a survey of real estate prices and availability in the larger area. If you plan to buy land or rehab a building, you need to know up front what it might cost.

I was looking for a cohousing community a long time before I realized -- Hey, this is real estate development!

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC