re: first meetings
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:56:32 -0800 (PST)
At 09:26 AM 12/6/2004, you wrote:
> 6. screening process for future tenants

Lots of potential problems with the Fair Housing laws.  Be careful and get
the guidance of some highly trained professionals.

Yes, ask professionals, but I think this is not a problem until you are at the point of offering completed units for sale. But by the time you have this in place, you will probably have a committed group of buyers ready to sign sales contracts. At this time, for sure, other than asking houeholds to show that the can qualify for a loan of approximately the size they will need, is probably the only screening you will want to do. As you develop your ideas, just keep talking about what you want in your new community, and what life is like in other cohousing communities, and believe me, almost everyone for whom whatever is that doesn't work, will screen themselves out!

Joani
Swan's Market Cohouisng
Oakland, CA

Joani Blank