RE: COMPENSATION FOR FOUNDERS' HARD WORK
From: Alexander Robin A (alexande.robiuwlax.edu)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:29:31 -0800 (PST)
You bring up a very important issue. We moved into an already functioning
co-housing and it did feel very greateful for those who had gone through all
the incredible amount and variety of work that went into creating what we moved
into. However, putting a value on the work would not be at all easy, to say the
least. To some degree, the value exists in the prices of the resulting houses.
Since co-housings are relatively rare, those who want to move into one pay a
premium based on scarcity. It's anybody's guess if that price difference is
"fair."

Robin Alexander
Eno Commons Cohousing