Re: COMPENSATION FOR FOUNDERS' HARD WORK
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:36:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi all, especially Robin who moved into my old house in Eno Commons-

In a way, the founders of Eno Commons did get a discount on the real estate
over later residents because the properties were so well-planned,
efficient,beautiful, and intelligently located that they did appreciate
quickly.  However,
especially for the two households (not mine) who were involved in founding the
community from first inception, this financial benefit did not come anywhere
near financially reimbursing the time and effort put into making the dream a
reality.  I never had any hard feelings about that (and still don't see that
coming second time around).  Other founders may have.

When the first resales in Eno Commons happened, most of what I felt was
gratitude that the community was getting in some new energy and fresh
viewpoints.
To me, in the same way that every child is born into a different family and
brings the family a different joy, every new cohousing resident joins a new
community and fits into it in a new way.

my two cents-
Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where we have been under development about 2 years and resident no more than
a month or so.  First common meal (comfort food potluck) in the common house
was yesterday and first community wide business meeting in the common house
ended a few minutes ago."