risks
From: seablue (seabluegwi.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:58:17 -0800 (PST)
Would it be possible to start a co-housing community alone or with one other
person - to buy the land and build one or two houses to start, and then seek
other members?  Would this lower the risk?     My friends tried to start a
co-housing community that would include low-income folks - they lost their
shirts and the project never was built because of lack of funds.  I know
consensus is a foundation of co-housing, but what if one were to follow the
idea of "build it and they will come" - is that a fantasy of mine???   I am
seeking a way to kick start a project with least risk....