Re: compensation for founders' hard work
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:42:32 -0800 (PST)
>   It seems inappropriate that residents who buy in in the 4th or 5th year
>just pay for their unit and their part of what's held in common, and get the
>benefit of all the founding work at no charge.

Newer members bring a new flow of energy! (in most cases....). When there
were only 6 of us doing everything, we had little choice, and all had to
do it all, and all had to work with everyone else. Now there are more
people, we can choose tasks that appeal to us, ditto for who we'd like to
work with on a team. The hours may be less, but the volunteer energy
needed to run a community is still essential, and the newer members who
pitch in are vital.

Lynn Nadeau, RoseWind Cohousing
http://www.rosewind.org
http://www.ptguide.com